As a small business owner you are always looking to build new connections and deepen those connections with people who are a good fit for our businesses.
This is a daily challenge that we all face.
Some of my best friends have come from connecting with people through my business.
You don’t want to sit back and wait for people to find you. You want to spark connections that could turn into partnerships, friendships or sales.
That’s why I put this 30 Day challenge together.
It’s important to build connections with influential people, but this can’t be your whole focus. If you focus on building connections with people that you care about, it makes it much easier to find the time to deepen a relationship with someone.
I’ve created 30 Day Connection Guide step-by-step guide to help you walk through your connection system.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- Finding Your Ideal Connections
- Unique Ways to Start a Connection
- Developing a Daily System
- Measuring and Improving Your Results
- Deepening the Connection
- Leveraging Rewards
I’ve also created worksheets based on the documents that I use in my system.
The resources here are for you to use to gain ideas. Instead of using my weekly action list you may want to create your own or add it to your calendar. Remember you have to do what works well for you.
- Weekly Connection Action List (Fill in PDF)
- 30 Daily Rewards You Can Give Yourself
- 10 Major Reward Ideas for Completing Your 30 Day Connection Challenge
- 33 Tiny Daily Connection Ideas
- I Will Connect with the Following 30 People this Month List
- Warm Letter List (Fill in PDF)
- Research Outsourcing Documents (Not quite done yet. Will need to format.)
My hope is that these documents are a great starting point to create a system around building stronger connections.
The most important part of setting up your process is to make it work for you. If you want to add a step or include an extra detail then go right ahead.
- On Sunday or Monday (or a planning day that fits your business) you’ll take a few minutes to research who you will connect with on your calendar.
- Quickly fill out the information about why you are contacting them (Make this as simple as possible so you focus on taking action.)
- Set a time and date to contact each person.
- Celebrate that you took action after each outreach. (Check-in and let us know.)
- At the end of each week you’ll look back at what worked well and apply these techniques to the next week.
Remember to keep this process very simple, so you take action.
I’m hoping that this will grow and we can share ideas with each other. Right now all this is completely free, but if it becomes more popular and valuable I might add extra content and charge for it. My main goal is to create a small group of business owners who can help each other build connections.
If you have any questions, ideas or just want to talk then contact me and we can set up a time.
Thanks and here is to stronger connections.