Every parent who lives in the US and has a teenager almost ready for college stresses about how to pick, pay and make the college experience enjoyable for their child. This is a monumental task that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
John S. Groleau of Lighthouse College Planning is throwing the Parents’ College Survival Guide Twitter Party to help you understand how to navigate the process of picking a college to paying for it. Melissa Giovagnoli of Networlding and will be partying with us too.
The Party is hosted by yours truly – Karl Staib of Party Biz Connect. This Twitterific party is going to be crazy fun and informative, so be ready to learn some great college planning ideas to make the college experience as easy and affordable as possible.
During the party you’ll learn how to:
- Help your teenager pick the college that is best fit for them.
- Pay as little as possible while getting the finest education.
- Help your teenager thrive in their college experiences for a lifetime of success
Mark your calendar now: Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 at 8:30pm ET (5:30pm PT)
How the Twitter Party Works
- John S. Groleau will have an hour-long panel discussion about the ins and outs of picking, paying and helping your child get the most out of their college experience.
- You get to listen in via phone or Skype, and you can chat to other people “at” the party on Twitter.
- Karl (@partybizconnect on Twitter) will ask questions for you to answer and announce prizes during the party.
All the details you need on how to join in are below.
If you live outside of the US you can join in via Skype. Click here to find out the details. Once you are on the page click on the little Skype icon on the bottom right. Instructions will pop up for you to follow before you can join us for the party.
How to Participate:
- On Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 at 8:30pm ET (5:30pm PT) call this number: 1 (712) 432-0900 and enter this access code: 758266
- Follow along and play at Tweet Grid or Twitter Search or Tweet Chat
- Join the party by tweeting using the hashtag #PCSGuide
- Have fun, meet new friends, and win prizes.
During the Parents College Survival Guide Twitter Party we will be asking you questions relating to your own experiences. To win prizes, all you have to do is let your friends know about the party, answer the questions and Retweet good responses using the #PCSGuide hashtag! It’s that simple.
You could win…
- Grand Prize – 1 hour consult with John, a 1 hour consult with a college counselor and the Do-It-Yourself Kit ($1,000)
- Do-It-Yourself College Finance Kit ($199)
- 1 of 5 copies of Parents College Survival Guide ($14.97 each)
That’s over $1,250 in prizes!
When the Parents College Survival Guide Twitter Party starts make sure you are following:
- @partybizconnect (Host)
We want to make sure that you know everything that is going on during the party as well as if you won any of the prizes.
Special guests include:
Tweet about the prize you want to win at the Parents’ College Survival Guide Party to increase your chances of winning a prize. There will be a prize awarded to a person at the beginning of the party to someone who helps spread the word about this great party. Write your own tweet or use the following example…
- Join us for the Parents’ College Survival Guide Party 9/27 at 8:30pm ET http://goo.gl/lVZO3 #PCSGuide
- I’m hoping to win some amazing resources from @LighthouseColl Parents’ College Survival Guide Party http://goo.gl/lVZO3 #PCSGuide
- Wow, the Parents’ College Survival Guide Party looks awesome http://goo.gl/lVZO3 #PCSGuide
Planning on attending? Let us know by adding your Twitter name and Twitter URL.
(ex. @rainnwilson, http://twitter.com/rainnwilson)
Bryce Christiansen says
Great job Karl,
Looks like an exciting event. As a college grad not too long ago, I know my parents could have used something like this.
Keep up the great work,
Karl Staib says
Hi Bryce, Thanks man. It’s going to be a great party. It’s a small niche, but it very much needs to be filled by someone as smart as John.