The MP3 of the Book Breakthrough Party will be here until 7/15 then it will be placed in Party Biz Connect archives for PBC members. I placed the link at the bottom of this page.
Every online business owner knows how hard it is to create a sales page. There are so many different techniques that experts recommend, but it’s hard to separate fact from fiction. That’s why this party was put together for you.
Amy of Harrisonamy Copywriting, Megan of Ideaschema, Rachael of Brand Harmony Studio, Ali of Aliventures, and Sue of SAGE Editing and Research are throwing the Sales Pages That Actually Sell Twitter Party to help you create sales pages that help you sell your products and services. The Party is hosted by yours truly – Karl Staib of Party Biz Connect. This Twitterific party is going to be crazy fun, so be ready to learn some great writing and sales ideas to improve your small business sales pages.
At the bottom of the page, there’s an extra bonus to help you improve your sales page: don’t forget to check it out before you sign up for the party.
During the party you’ll learn:
- Why you need a page design that stands out
- How to write–or how to find someone who can write–effective sales copy
- Why you need to create and harmonize your brand with who you are
- How to edit with the reader in mind
- How to create sales pages that actually sell.
Mark your calendar now: June 29th, 2011 at 8pm ET (that’s 1 a.m. in London and 6 a.m. in Melbourne)
How to Participate:
1. On June 29th, 2011 at 8pm ET call this number: 1 (712) 432-0900 and enter this access code: 758266
2. Follow along and play at Tweet Grid or Twitter Search
3. Join the party by tweeting using the hashtag #PBCparty
4. Have fun, meet new friends, and win prizes.
During the Sales Pages That Actually Sell Party, we will be asking you questions relating to your own experiences. To win prizes, all you have to do is let your friends know about the party, answer the questions and retweet good responses using the #PBCparty hashtag! It’s that simple.
You could win…
- A 3-panel, full-color, custom Ideaschema educomic to supercharge your sales page ($400)
- Copywriting coaching session with Amy ($300)
- “The Works” editing package applied to either five pages of your website or two short (3 page max) blog articles from Sue ($250)
- A website health check and 2 hours of tech time from Amy ($197)
- 2 coaching sessions from Ali of Aliventures (single package) ($150 value)
- How to Get your sales Page DONE! and Copywriting Phrasebook from Amy ($97)
- Sales Page In A Weekend Boot Camp Home Study Course from Amy($97)
- Brand Harmony Email Coaching with Rachael ($90)
- The Blogger’s Guide to Effective Writing and The Blogger’s Guide to Freelancing from Ali ($48 value)
That’s over $1620 in prizes!
When the Sales Pages That Actually Sell Twitter Party starts make sure you are following:
- @partybizconnect (Host, Karl Staib)
- @harrisonamy (Amy Harrison)
- @worldmegan (Megan Elizabeth Morris)
- @rachaelacklin (Rachael Acklin)
- @aliventures (Ali Luke)
- @sue_c_editor (Sue Chambers)
We want to make sure that you know if you won any of the prizes.
Listen to the Audio
Sales Pages That Actually Sell – Party Audio
Tweet about the prize you want to win at the Sales Pages That Actually Sell Twitter Party to increase your chances of winning a prize. Write your own tweet or use the following example…
- Join us for the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party 6/29 at 8pm ET http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- I’m hoping to win some free stuff from the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- Wow, the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party looks awesome http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- I hope I win one of @harrisonamy‘s prizes at the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- I so very badly want to win one of @worldmegan‘s prizes at the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- I really want to win one of @RachaelAcklin‘s prizes at the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- I want to win one of @Aliventures‘ prizes at the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
- I want to win one of @Sue_C_editor‘s prizes at the Sales Pages that Actually Sell Party http://goo.gl/Lo9eF #PBCparty
Want to win one of these awesome prizes? Let us know by adding your Twitter name and Twitter URL.
(ex. @rainnwilson, http://twitter.com/rainnwilson)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Krista Stryker says
What a great concept… I’m not selling anything on my blog yet but would like to know how to effectively do so in the future. Looking forward to hearing all your awesome ideas!
Karl Staib says
Hi Krista, Learning how to write sales copy well is a great skill. I expect I’ll learn a lot at this party as well.
Douglas Prater says
I don’t yet have a sales page of my own, but no doubt the lessons here will be applicable to the way I pitch my freelance copywriting service. My clients frequently need persuasive sales copy, too, so I appreciate the chance to develop my skills.
Also, WOW! What a great list of organizers! Thank you all for putting this together, I’m really looking forward to the chance to benefit from your wisdom 😉
Birdy Diamond, Roving Robin & Paranormal Diva says
Awesome! Just tweeted on #customerlove hashtag – hopefully that will get some of the community folk in!
C’ya Wednesday! 🙂
Birdy Diamond, Roving Robin & Paranormal Diva says
Kyool! Will work on having the revisions up by then, but the sales page I’d love to have some looking at is
Miste AndersClemons- says
I am really looking forward to gaining alot from this twitter party.
I almost passed this by, seeing as how I’m already so damn busy(!!!)… but with so many great people hosting the party, how could I NOT make time? 😉
Karl Staib says
Hi Heidi, I’m glad we caught your attention. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Really looking forward to this twitter party!
Hey! How soon do you need the sales page? I don’t have one yet, but this might be just the kind of kick in the ass I need to get one done.
Karl Staib says
Hi Marcy, The deadline I made up right now is by 1pm ET 6/29. We need a few hours to look over the content before we talk about it.
Ok, I will see what I can do, but I tend to think I can get a lot more done in the time I have than I really can 😛 Doesn’t hurt to try though. Thanks Karl!
Ok, it’s done. Here is the link to my sales page:
Forgot to say why I need help with my sales page 🙂 Basically I’ve never done one before and as a life coach just starting my biz, I want to make sure I do it right the first time so I can build my clientele quickly and steadily with kick ass people who want to make positive changes in their lives!
Siita Rivas says
Really looking forward to hearing this information. As a designer / online business owner copywriting is my greatest challenge. While writing good copy is not one of my strong points, content marketing makes such good sense. On the other hand copywriters don’t get the design experiences that fire my passion – there in lies the dilemma.
How to teach a designer to write! or a copywriter to connect to the passion of design.
Oh man, I so need this! I don’t even know if I HAVE a proper sales page, but if you want to dissect it, I’d be happy to hear advice. It’s at http://faenathara.com/?page_id=873 or maybe it’s this one instead http://faenathara.com/?page_id=565. LOL Is it okay to have your ‘pitch’ on one page and ‘products’ on another?
I’m definitely looking forward to this! I don’t have any actual sales pages up on my website at the moment, but since I’m crafting all of them right now, I could sure use some advice. 🙂 See y’all tomorrow evening!
This should be interesting. I’ve never been to a twitter party before 😉
This will be my first Twitter anything let alone a party. Should be interesting. From listening to the audio sessions I already know our hosts are!
Ainslie Hunter says
Hi Lovely Ladies and Karl
THanks for the opportunity to get some copywriting critiquing
Here is my Sales Page http://coursesthatmatter.com/i-need-help-with-my-course
The reason why I want help with this page is that I want it to become my flagship service. The one people know and love me for. I know it is a great service – I just need a way to convince others it is great.
I’m looking forward to the Twitter party tonight!
Annie Sisk says
Well the Ebook Evolution party was so off the hook, I decided to do it again! Will I get cut off again tonight? Join me and find out! Hee.
Karl Staib says
Hi Annie, Hopefully that won’t happen again. 🙂 Looking forward to seeing you there.
Amy Harrison says
I just want to say I am so excited about tonight’s party, especially seeing that so many awesome people are going to be attending! It’s also doubly exciting as it’s 1am in my timezone when it kicks off, so it’s like a special pyjama party that I’ve been allowed to stay up late for. Being an adult and choosing your own bed time is great! 🙂
Can’t wait to chat to you all!
Ali Luke says
I get to stay up late too! 😀
Really looking forward to hanging out with everyone and chatting about writing (one of my favourite things to do — and people don’t usually appreciate me giving editing advice during parties… ;-))
Looking forward to the party tonight. This looks like an amazing opportunity!
Wow, another party?! I’m barely recovered from the last one… Yay!
Victoria Brouhard says
So excited for this party!
Not sure if I already missed the deadline to enter my sales page, but here’s the link just in case:
I need help with this one because I suspect I’ve missed the mark on communicating the benefits (one of which is easier decision-making).
Robin Smith says
I don’t have a sales page yet. So I need help getting started.