The MP3 of the Tiny Buddha Teleseminar is available for the next two weeks then it will be moved into the Party Biz Connect audio archives for PBC members.
For every tweet during this party, Lori Deschene donated 5 cents to Project Happiness, a charitable organization that brings emotional resilience-building programs to schools around the world. UPDATE: The party was amazing. We were able to raise $50. Thank you for making this such a great event.
It’s not always easy to create meaning and happiness in life. You have to ask yourself some tough questions, and you need to be willing to be honest in addressing them. The reality is there aren’t many universally applicable, one-size-fits-all answers.
Still, we’re best able to find our way when we come together and share what we’ve learned.
Lori Deschene of Tiny Buddha is throwing the 2nd Tiny Buddha Book Party to help you create clarity around the most difficult questions in your life. The amazing Mastin Kipp of The Daily Love will also be joining us. The Party is hosted by yours truly—Karl Staib of Party Biz Connect. This Twitterific party is going to be a ton of fun, so be ready to learn some great business building ideas to improve your small business.
Listen to the Conversation from the Twitter Party
If you liked this interview subscribe via iTunes.
Mark your calendar now: Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 at 8:30pm EST (5:30pm PST)
How the Twitter Party Works
- Lori will be hanging out and answering your questions while we chat about how to go about writing and selling your book.
- Karl (@partybizconnect on Twitter) will ask you questions and announce prizes for you to win with your answers all during our Twitter party.
How to Participate:
- On Tuesday, February 21st, 2012 at 8:30pm EST (5:30pm PST), call this number: 1 (712) 432-0900 and enter this access code: 758266
- Follow along and play at Tweet Grid, Twitter Search or Tweet Chat (My favorite)
- Join the party by tweeting using the hashtag #TinyBuddhaBook
- Have fun, meet new friends, and win prizes.
During the Tiny Buddha Party we will be asking you questions relating to your own experiences. To win prizes, all you have to do is let your friends know about the party, answer the questions and retweet good responses using the #TinyBuddhaBook hashtag! It’s that simple.
You could win…
- Grand Prize – 1 of 2 blog mentoring calls with Lori Deschene of Tiny Buddha ($250 each)
- 1 of 5 copies of Lori’s new book Tiny Buddha, Simple Wisdom for Life’s Hard Questions (16.95 each)
- 1 of 3 copies – Project Happiness DVD an award-winning documentary featuring Richard Gere and George Lucas (19.95 each)
That’s over $580 in prizes!
Because you are hanging out with us, Lori put together a special package for you. If you buy Lori’s book before the party ends you will receive a ton of amazing bonuses! I bet you are curious. You will just have to join us to find out what the bonuses entail. Hope to see you there.
When the Tiny Buddha Party starts make sure you are following:
We want to make sure that you are in the loop for everything that is going on during the party and especially if you win any of the prizes.
Tweet about the prize you want to win at the Tiny Buddha Party to increase your chances of winning. At the beginning of the night, we’ll award a prize to a person who helps spread the word about this great party via Twitter. Write your own tweet or use the following example.
- Join us for the Tiny Buddha Party 2/21 at 9pm EST http://goo.gl/Lgvo1 #TinyBuddhaBook
- I’m hoping to win a prize from @lori_deschene at the @tinybuddha Party http://goo.gl/Lgvo1 #TinyBuddhaBook
- USA Today gave Tiny Buddha 3 stars! Learn more from @tinybuddha http://goo.gl/Lgvo1 #TinyBuddhaBook
- Wow, the @tinybuddha party w/ @lori_deschene looks awesome http://goo.gl/Lgvo1 #TinyBuddhaBook
Planning on attending? Let us know by adding your Twitter name and Twitter URL.
(ex. @rainnwilson, http://twitter.com/rainnwilson)
About Lori Deschene:
Lori Deschene started tinybuddha.com as a community blog in the fall of 2009, after tweeting quotes through @tinybuddha for more than a year. It’s a place where people of all ages share how they apply wisdom to everyday life—a space where people write authentically and sometimes vulnerably about the challenges we all face.
Tiny Buddha is about reflecting on simple wisdom and learning new ways to apply it to our complex lives–complete with responsibilities, struggles, dreams, and relationships. Over the last three years, Tiny Buddha has emerged as a leading resource for peace and happiness, with more than 15 million views to date.
Supported Charity – Project Happiness
Project Happiness began as a film project. After the cameras stopped rolling, Randy Taran founded Project Happiness a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization to bring students and participants together and reflect on the extraordinary journey they had just completed. The goal was to make happiness possible for all. The outcome was a 195 page student handbook with over 70 exercises for kids, by kids. However, we are finding that adults benefit from and genuinely enjoy the book as much as young adults!